"The beehive is the ultimate home sweet home." ~Unknown

7.21.2010

3

So I have this list of ideas bouncing around in my head of projects I'd like to tackle.  Just a couple for your reading pleasure...


1. Sew curtains for the bedroom.  This will be my 3rd set since moving into our apartment and I'm sure B is rolling his eyes.  This is the fabric I'm thinking about today - although it's probably the 5th one I've "thought about" in this iteration of curtain dreaming.  The only specification from B is that they be blackout strength when his daytime sleep pattern resumes.



2. Find a bench for our patio.  I gave away our current set last night to a lady who requested it through Freecycle.  Freecycle is a fabulous little site that allows you to get and give away awesome stuff for free.  I scored a Simplicity serger and a bunch of notions from a woman in Sunnyvale not too long ago and now I feel indebted to pass along things I no longer need.
3. Re-pot our hydrangeas because the soil isn't too great.  I'd love to find some wine barrels to use for that on the cheap.
4. Paint the bedroom - this of course would have to come before the curtains because that fabric doesn't match the blue scheme we currently have going on. Finished!  Our bedroom is now a beautiful Nantucket Gray by Benjamin Moore and I am at peace =)
5. Settle on a solution to our wine storage problem.  Our apartment is short on storage space so all our wine is being stored vertically at the moment.  I'd like to find an attractive horizontal solution that could be brought to a future home.
6. Paint B's old dresser for the bedroom.  I'm shuffling between white, off-white, light gray and charcoal gray.  Thoughts?


That's it for now, or at least those are all the ideas currently bouncing around.

10 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet print for the curtians. Where did you find the fabric?

    And I am a huge fan right now of gray. Light, dark, doesn't matter, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Love your blog and the print you posted for your curtains :) I'm partial to darker dressers myself, so I would vote charcoal grey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =) Amu you are such a cute little home maker now and you sound so happy. I vote for charcoal gray for Bryan's dresser. I miss you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you twin! And your fabulous ideas! I'm looking for a bench for our patio too...let me know if you see anything good. I vote for charcoal gray for the dresser and love/have always wanted to do the wine barrel idea for pots! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - I found it on maryjos.com. Awesome fabric site. They're charging about $13/yd and Joann's is charging $23/yd ON SALE from $39/yd. Ridiculous.

    Casey - I found one that I think I want at a True Value Hardware store for $60. It's the classic park style bench, wrought iron with wooden slats. I just don't know if it's perfect yet. http://images.craigslist.org/3k33o63l45Y55Z65X3a7h16e0f83de34610d1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that fabric pattern. I aspire to be as productive as you are! I'm really good at thinking about what I want to do around the house; not so good at actually doing them. I'm partial to darker colors so would vote for charcoal gray but you should definitely follow your own (and B's) heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern. You are inspiring with your project ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. if Brian wants black out you should line your curtains with rock ion. It blocks 100% of the light. I have them in my bedroom and they work great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eric - Sadly Eric, I think most of the time I talk more than I actually accomplish. But the fabric is purchased so I'm just waiting for it to arrive and then the sewing begins! I think I'm going to go for the charcoal gray too since it matches the stripe in the fabric so well!

    Julieanne - Thanks for the tip! I'm googling it now... =)

    ReplyDelete